Thursday, July 9, 2009

Recognizing Your Body's Cues



While many people think of intuition as an emotional process, it can also be experienced as a physical sensation. Whenever I'm in a place I don’t want to be or around someone I dislike, I feel a tightness in my shoulders and chest, almost as if I can't catch my breath. On the flip side, when I'm in a comfortable setting around people I trust, I feel loose and totally relaxed.

Some people have nervous tics or gestures they make when they're in an uncomfortable situation. Others get goosebumps or feel the hair stand up on the back of their necks when in a dangerous or fearful situation. Still others experience a tingling or a feeling of warmth or cold dread depending upon whether they intuitively like or dislike a situation or experience.

All of these physical reactions are ways that your body is intuitively telling you something about the situation you're currently in. While everyone experiences intuition differently, your body language will be consistent with the way that it communicates with you. You just have to learn how to interpret it.

Intuitive Action Item: Have a conversation with one person you like and one person you dislike. Take note of the differences in your body language and the physical sensations you feel in each interaction to get a better understanding of how your body communicates with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment