Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Body Knows Best


Every time you let a cold run its course, you're showing faith in the belief that your body instinctively knows how to heal itself. There's an amazing story published in the online medical journal Lancet that gives more credence to this belief.

In 1995, British doctors implanted a donor heart directly on top of a little girl's failing heart. The girl, named Hannah Clark, had developed heart failure and needed a transplant.

Ten years later, doctors were astounded to find that Hannah's heart had healed itself to the point where they could remove the donor heart. Douglas Zipes, a past president of the American College of Cardiology, told the Associated Press, "This shows that the heart can indeed repair itself if given the opportunity."

Hannah's now 16 and living a normal life, but her story proves that our bodies instinctively strive for wellness. It's our minds that sometimes get in the way.

1 comment:

  1. Well Intuitive Girl:
    I followed your advice and am following my heart. If it gets broken it is all your fault! I wrote to you a few weeks ago when I really wanted to call an old boyfriend who I could not get off my mind. I asked you "what if I follow my instincts and I'm wrong?" You told me that either way I will learn something. Ok you are no doubt right about that. I did call him and we had a really good talk and have been talking since. It is amazing b/c when I was being rational I wasn't going to call him, but I just decided that I did not care about being rational so I picked up the phone. I don't know what it is but he and I are being very different with each other this time; more loving and attentive. I think we both grew during our time apart and grew to appreciate each other more. I would have told you that there was only one way for us to get back together and guess what...this was not it. Apparently my rational thinking was limited but my heart's intuition was right...for now.
    I will keep you posted.
    Much success on your Visions,
    V. Quest
    www.cuttsconsulting.com/wp/

    ReplyDelete