Friday, January 7, 2011

More on Intuitive Eating...


So as I’m on this food kick, trying to eat more intuitively without restricting myself, I did a Web search on intuitive eating and came up with some helpful information. Since I know there are a lot of people out there trying to lose weight or eat more healthy, I thought I’d share.

A lot of what I read talked about paying attention to the way foods make you feel. Also, notice what you’re craving because there may be something your body really needs (and a healthier substitution you can make). For example, if you’re craving a hamburger, it may simply be your body’s way of craving protein. A piece of cheese may do the trick.

This weekend, I'm also going to pick up a copy of Intuitive Eating: A Revolutionary Program That Works by Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. I'll let you know how it works for me.

Here are some sites around the Web that deal with the topic of intuitive eating. Eat Up!

About.com Alternative Medicine Guide to Intuitive Eating

Intuitive Eating Blog

Intuitive Body Blog

IntuitiveEating.org

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you on this path! I just took Collette Baron Reid's on-line course called "Weight Loss for People That Feel Too Much".

    What I found was that the food itself wasn't really an issue, after I learned techniques for clearing other people's energy off myself. My body doesn't crave the stuff it used to.

    I look forward to hearing how you do.

    Kara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Kara!
    I have two friends who just started taking Collette Baron Reid's course. I'll let them know how it helped you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi IntuitiveGirl! IntuitiveBody here... wanted to thank you for linking to my website and blog as a resource for support around intuitive eating. I've been working with women for over 20 years and believe that women who struggle with body/weight/food at typically more 'sensitive' to other people's energies and emotions and often use the food to ground themselves or disconnect from the discomfort of feeling bombarded...that's part of it.
    I also believe we (have dealt with my own eating issues so know the territory well!) are perfectionists and tend to take on a lot, and get caught in our heads a lot, disconnected from our bodies.
    There are a lot of ways I can help, so thanks again for the link and love what you're doing here.

    Love and Blessings,
    Lisa Claudia Briggs,LICSW
    Intuitive Guide and Mentor and Author "Recovering Beauty"
    Http://www.IntuitiveBody.com
    Simple Sacred Solutions For Living Beautifully In Your Body

    ReplyDelete