Thursday, May 13, 2010

Healing Intuition


One of the most interesting areas of intuition to me is that of medical intuition. Perhaps it’s because it’s so easy to see the impact such intuitive guidance can make. I in no way advocate seeing a medical intuitive instead of a doctor, but I think there is a lot that can be gained from seeing both if you’re experiencing health problems. While doctors focus on curing the physical body, medical intuitives often can pinpoint emotional/spiritual imbalances that can contribute to illness. Such individuals claim to be able to detect illness in one’s body through intuitive methods.

Caroline Myss, author of such books as Sacred Contracts: Awakening Your Divine Potential" and Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing", is one of the better known medical intuitives. Edgar Cayce and Phineas Parkhurst Quimby are some others.

Regardless of what you believe about medical intuition, many people – myself included – believe that the mind plays a major role in healing. Those who believe they can overcome a disease or get well often have an edge over those who feel defeated. And the Placebo Effect – cases in which patients were cured even when the treatment was nothing more than a sham -- shows that belief is often just as powerful as medication itself. With that in mind, I think medical intuition can’t hurt. If someone can give me a reason to believe that I can improve my chances of healing by addressing emotional/spiritual causes while a medical doctor does what he can on the physical level, I’ll take all the help I can get.

4 comments:

  1. I met a medical intuitive at a psychic fair and she told me she thought I had some type of blockage in my second chakra area. turns out, I had fibroids that needed to be removed. I fouhd that out about 3 months later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a cool story. Glad you followed up with your doctor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. no coincidences here...a Success Coaching client of mine just mentioned this author to me...okay now I know I have to check her out!

    Thanks IG!

    Nicole Cutts
    Vision Quest Retreats
    http://www.visionquestretreats.com

    ReplyDelete