Friday, May 15, 2009

Fighting My Ego

Anyone who has ever attempted to live life intuitively knows your biggest obstacle is yourself. This morning, I woke up pumped with excitement about living authentically -- viewing life as an adventure that will take time to unfold. I signed up with Twitter -- follow Intuitive Girl's updates throughout the day at http://twitter.com/IntuitiveGirl.

And then, my ego reared its ugly head. Why was I wasting precious time this morning wondering how I can get followers on Twitter when I should be coming up with ideas for my editors about how small businesses can run more efficiently and how people can keep their jobs in a down economy. After all, that's what I'm known for. Why mess with what has been working?

But was it really working? I don't know, I've been bored with my work for a while and feeling like everything about it was pointless. And the economy falling apart tells me that a lot of things people have been doing in life aren't working, which means the articles magazines and newspapers have been putting out year after year are no longer relevant. So why not try something different? Yesterday a friend and mentor who is a spiritual life coach (http://visionsoftheheart.org/VisonsoftheHeart.htm) told me to just write and see what happens. It's scary, but with so many industries breaking down and so many systems no longer working, I guess now's the best time to jump off the sinking ship. Into the deep end.

2 comments:

  1. I look forward to following your journey as you swim like Esther Williams through it all. Work it out, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that a lot of people (myself included) are realizing the "old ways" aren't working and need something better. I'm curious what's on your path next, Intuitive Girl!

    ReplyDelete